Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Archive

From: Peg© - - - - Sent: 1/21/2006 11:31 AM

Oh this is very cool, thank you so much,
I love it,
Here is a link to a fun game hope you enjoy.  MSN has given me a hard time posting this am...I have played this game so I would not throw the computer out the window. LOL
Thank you for your help, i will print off your instructions and get back to you.  Thanks again.
Peg
http://www.zefrank.com/memory/index.html
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Peg© - - - -Sent: 1/21/2006 11:41 AM
This is very cute, I did the html thing but do not understand the background=http:imageURL.jpg>
Is this how I make my own, is there a tutorial on make my own backgrounds like this.
Yes, I purchased 3.1, that came with the PSP9 when i bought it, you know i had better luck when i used psp7 i wish i didn't go to the expense of buying 9, Corel is no good at support help either. Ugh..  Happy Saturday. Thanks again.. MSN is making it really hard on us today.  Hopefully this message will go through.
Peg

----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ǻmέ®içåη·۵·§wέέtђέå®Т· - - - - Sent: 1/21/2006 10:27 PM
The table next to the globe is what you can use to add tables and backgrounds. When you get to the background part it asks for a url of the photo, tile you are going to use.
 
When you tick the HTML to find where to place your background tile the code will look like this....
 
<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=20 width="100%" background=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/IceAngelWolf/Seabg-1.jpg border=3> The portion in red is what you would replace with your own url...
 
IF you upload the tile to an MSN album, You would need to click on the image, then right click on it and go to Properties. It will show you the image url... You would then copy and paste that into your table box or in the code as shown above in red. If you use Photobucket, you would use the first line of code that shows under the image.
 
To create your own tiles... When I find a specific tutorial I will link to it for you...
 
In the meantime... I'll try to give clearer instructions...
 
Open up a new image in PSP. Doesn't matter what size. 100 X 100 is fine...
Flood fill that new image with a color of choice. Then click on effects and scroll down to texture. Add a texture of choice. Apply it...
If you're happy with what you see, save as a jpg and upload to a photo hosting site or to an MSN album. You can also use any other effect you wish. Even plugins. If working with an image you can even use that image as a background or pull off matching colors using your color picker to make the background match the image...
 
As soon as I locate a specific tutorial for this I will gladly supply it. lol I am self taught just by playing around in PSP using all the tools they supplied.
 
I love helping others. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to see that I can provide info that will help others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: _-LadyBug2-  (Original Message)Sent: 2/10/2006 6:51 PM
How on earth do I convert the HTML coding
I have learned and put it on MSN.
I have been trying for the last Hour to do it but it wont work.
This is were I have it on my website, http://www.geocities.com/ladyb_dezigns
so i have learned how to code properly....well... basic but ok.
It just won't show on MSN

----------------------------------------------------------------------
3/8/2006 7:50 AM  Posted by Ǻmέ®içåη·۵·§wέέtђέå®Т·
Ok, It's actually not that hard but it does require a bit of patience. First, You're not going to be able to copy and paste the codes straight into MSN groups as they are... You have to perform a few steps...
1. First right click in the page and click on select all. Then click copy.
 
2. (this step can actually go before step 1 if you prefer) Save your background tiles to your hard drive (desktop, or whereever) and upload them into either a MSN group album, Photobucket or other file storage site that allows direct linking. (I prefer photobucket).
 
3. Skip step 2 if you did that before step 1. Paste your page into a new page in MSN. Save page. You will see that the graphics are missing and that there is Code at the top of the boxes.  
 
4. Click on "edit page" and then scroll to the bottom and place a check mark into the "use HTML to create your page."
 
5. At the top of this page you should see the unsupported code. (in the page you showed you me it was about 1 line and a half of unsupported code) Delete that code up to the first <TABLE> code you see.
 
6. now untick the "use HTML" box and you should just see the "empty boxes".... Now for "re-creating" your page...
 
7. If you followed step 2 and have these tiles placed in their proper place you should have no trouble following these next few steps...
 
8. Look for the tile named in the first line of code: in your example page it will be this line >>> <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=50 width="95%" align=center background=A0002.jpg border=2>>>> Note the part in red.
 
I'm going to give you the next instruction using Photobucket's code. Using MSN albums becomes a bit tricker.
 
9. In photobucket you will have 3 lines of code. The "URL", the "Tag" and "IMG"... You will be using the first line in this case. (you would actually use the top 2 lines in MSN groups on a reg. basis. The first line for backgrounds, the middle for images. - I won't get into that one yet). 10. copy that first line in its entirity...
 
10. Highlight the area you see in red in Step 8. Paste that first line there. Do not delete "border=2>". The new line should read like this... <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=50 width="95%" align=center background=http://photobucket.com/album/yourname/album nameifapplicable/A0002.jpg border=2>
 
11. Make sure the image name matches the one in red. Do this with each line substituting the image.jpg with the URL from photobucket.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
3/8/2006 2:09 AM  Posted by  Ǻmέ®içåη·۵·§wέέtђέå®Т·
Be careful you don't delete important codes. Using the page you showed me. all you have to do is delete the first line up to where it starts with the first <TABLE tag. Then just change the background to where you saved your image.
 
Note: I noticed the image in the main part of your page. These instructions don't include how to put that back in. Don't want to throw everything at you all at once yanno. lol.
 
Anyway, Here is the MSN "approved" code I got from your page.... Note the parts in red. Those need replacing...
 
Where it says "image goes here" That's where the second line from photobucket will go. More on that later.
 
Play with this for awhile... (also You may want to change the padding if the page starts to scroll sideways.. Or the percentage. This usually has no set fix but just playing with size widths will help you see how it changes page width)
 
I'll explain more on sidescrolling in MSN later as well. lol
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=50 width="95%" align=center background=A0002.jpg border=2>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=20 width="100%" align=center background=A0001.jpg border=2>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=8 width="100%" align=center background=A0002.jpg border=2>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=10 width="100%" align=center background=A0001.jpg border=1>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>Image would go here</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY>
</TABLE></TD></TR>
</TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>